This is the world’s most boring blog so let’s get the world’s most boring pictures out of the way.
The Bride asked me this morning where I was headed and I had a vague idea about a ride up Lakeview. As I was plodding up the V&T bike trail, I remembered I once mulled trying to ride around the five counties in the area. There was no way I could make it to Silver City because this was a lazy biking month for me, but four counties seemed reasonable.
And I did it and this was my longest ride to date but I’m wasted. The upside is today proved I can make the trip to Virginia City or Reno whenever I’m ready.
- Plan better next time and take the freaking Camelbak. Duh.
- Flat ground is God’s gift to bikers.
- Small saddle sores can quickly become big saddle sores.
- Gel packs and vitamin water got me through this.
- Advil and sunblock. Duh again.
2 hours 23 minutes