Spent some time this morning with folks from the old job and managed to cut a few hours off of my community service. But seriously, it was a great cause and Joey is something special, even if he is a NYY fan.
Some things I learned about rummage sales:
1. People will use any excuse to get rid of their junk, even their good junk. There was some nice stuff out there.
2. Do everything in the cool of the morning because it gets hot fast.
3. I would have charged double for everything, but I would have been wrong to do that.
4. Some folks will shamelessly use their kids to get the best prices, even at a charitable event.
5. The kindness of strangers is amazing. Two people paid $100 each for $10 worth of merchandise.
Here’s some pix from the morning.
I got seriously overheated and had to leave early. After chilling for a few hours, I did the predictable and rode over to Subway for dinner…and got hot again. Still, I’m feeling better about the riding and the exercise and am looking forward to spending July and August on the road as much as possible.
Y’all keep cool out there, ya hear?
Edit: Disregard. Liz wanted to go for a quick ride in the dusk, so I tagged along. That’s 27 rides/141 miles for June. NOW I’m done. :)