Some of these might make you uncomfortable, so leave now. :-)
For the record, I:
1. Have a minor physical deformity that was the result of a wood chopping accident.
2. Was in the delivery room for the birth of all three daughters.
3. Have lived in three countries.
4. Believe Frank Sinatra, Johnny Cash, and Ray Charles were the voices of the 20th Century.
5. Teach computer classes for the local community college…in prison.
6. Am a Texas native but Nevada raised and bred.
7. Can’t read enough historical fiction for some reason. Is it redundant to say, “historical fiction”?
8. Always dreamed of living in a brick house. Next step: owning one.
9. Have parents that were married fives times…each.
10. Have been professionally employed in IT for 20+ years.
11. Was a member of a higher-ed academic scholar society.
12. Don’t smoke or drink. I chew my fingernails, instead.
13. Would go to a baseball game every day for the rest of my life if I could.
14. Am allergic to most hairy animals, including dogs, cats, and horses.
15. Would totally volunteer for the Space Shuttle tomorrow, warts and all, if NASA would let me.
16. Could easily live on Wendy’s food for the rest of my life.
17. Was surprised to find a story I wrote for a Creative Writing class was printed on the front page of a university newspaper.
18. Miss my grandparents.
19. Saw the Jacksons (Michael, Janet, etc.) in concert at Lake Tahoe…in the early 1970s.
20. Have a sense of humor that amuses one, maybe two people. And the other person may be just humoring me.
21. Have finished every fistfight I’ve ever been in.
22. Am baptized Catholic and was married in a Catholic church. I am not Catholic.
23. Believe the Godfather and Lord of the Ring movies surpassed their written inspiration.
24. Barely graduated high school because I simply didn’t care. I hated high school and would not do it again.
25. Used to win two out of three games of backgammon on itsyourturn.com.
26. Will drop everything to watch a John Wayne/John Ford movie, especially “She Wore a Yellow Ribbon.”
27. Have a stepsister I’ve never met face-to-face.
28. Have read the entire series of Dune, Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles of Narnia, and Harry Potter.
29. Am an obsessive blogger and, most times, I ain’t got nothing to say.
30. Keep a private list of things I would do over if given the chance. Most of them happened before I was twenty.
31. Married the finest person I’ve ever met. Damn glad she was single and a woman.
32. Wonder if I’m going to make it to 90. Relatives on both sides on my parents did, but my body type is working against me.
33. Consciously decided not to go to Wrigley Field when I was in Chicago because my wife wasn’t with me.
34. Am mortally afraid of black widow spiders, the result of crawling under a mobile home to find a cat.
35. Was an illegal immigrant.
36. Get ear infections faster than most people get colds. It’s why I’m mostly deaf now.
37. Was decorated in the Air Force for stopping a building from blowing up.
probably choose to end it all if chocolate disappeared from the face of the Earth.
39. Believe I was in the military in at least two former lives. Oh yeah, this one, too.
40. Have no money sense whatsoever.
41. Am descended from Scottish aristocracy. Big deal.
42. Had my wisdom teeth, tonsils, appendix and gonads removed. I’m fat, lazy, and sleep around the house just like the neutered tomcat.
43. Would rather be Superman than Batman, except Batman has much cooler toys.
44. Have only been really drunk twice, and both times involved a high school celebration.
45. Wear a size eleven and a half shoe, extra large gloves, and a humongous biking helmet. Do the math, ladies.
46. Saved my stepfather’s life when I came home and found he swallowed a few bottles of pills.
47. Use the “pack rat” excuse because I’m too lazy to throw things out.
48. Hid behind the couch when it was time to meet the sons and daughters of my mother’s second husband.
49. Believe Sean Connery is the only true James Bond and Roger Moore made only one good JB movie.
50. Think every story in the last five hundred years was first written by William Shakespeare, in one form or another.
51. Have never won a serious jackpot, despite living in Nevada forever.
52. Exercise and diet like a fanatic,
but am extremely annoyed by the fact that I cannot get lower than 240 pounds. wrong! :-)
53. Married to a member of the opposite political party. These mixed marriages are tough, I tell ya.
54. Would rather drive than fly, and would rather bike than drive.
55. Have never flown or even boarded a military aircraft, despite ten years in the Air Force.
56. Totally suck at fantasy sports.
57. Will only eat peanut butter if it’s in a Reese’s peanut butter cup or mixed with jelly.
58. Scattered my grandmother’s ashes.
59. Am tickled by the fact that my first real girlfriend was Italian and my wife is Irish. I do so love the strong ethnic types.
60. Used to love The Three Stooges. Now I just cringe.
61. Have three associate’s degrees.
62. Rode a bus from Carson City, Nevada to Denver, Colorado. It was a good idea at the time.
63. Got my driver’s license when I was seventeen. I flipped my grandparent’s car less than a month later.
64. Can write a decent story, but I’m not even the best writer in my marriage, much less my family.
65. Have zero patience for office bullies.
66. Know the words to several Back Street Boys songs through no choice of my own. The daughters love them.
67. Want to grow up to be as smart and personable as my Aunt Lily…and I’m not just saying that, either.
68. Got a full-ride academic scholarship to the local university.
69. Made love in the rain.
70. Don’t agree that G.W. Bush is the worst president ever, but I do believe Clinton got off easy for lying to a grand jury.
71. Have been repeatedly hurt for trusting the wrong people, but I keep hoping and trusting…
72. Am proud of the fact that
, by the end of this school year, my daughters will have all graduated from my high school.
73. Could change oil in a car if I had to, but would rather spend the $30 for someone else to do it.
74. Believe in a generally permissive society when it comes to behavior, unless a child’s safety is at stake.
75. Was a fast burner in the Air Force until my kids made me reassess my priorities in their favor. I have no regrets.
76. Was creeped out by someone walking behind me. Turned around and it was O.J. Simpson. True story.
77. Won’t brag how good I am in bed because she makes me much better than I really am.
Have Had a close relative serving 10-20 for second degree murder.
79. Wanted to be a cop when I grew up, but 20/400 vision and asthma killed that dream.
80. Agree with Crash Davis that Astroturf should be banned from all professional sports.
81. Would dedicate myself to child abuse prevention charities if I was fabulously wealthy.
82. Will probably never own another American-made car. Every one I’ve owned has been a mechanic’s dream.
83. Was the worst boy scout in history. Still hate camping.
84. Used to be a Trekkie, but that’s all in the past now. Really. Truly. (LL&P)
85. Read Playboy when I was a tiny tot. I only remember the cartoons.
86. Didn’t spend a full year in one school until the sixth grade.
87. Wish that Bill Cosby get to the end of the story. Someday. I’m still waiting.
88. Once saved my mother from a rattlesnake attack.
89. Didn’t know Robert Heinlein, my favorite author, wrote some pretty racist books during World War II. I’m still assessing that.
90. Believe “Hot for Teacher” is the best video ever.
91. Was once in a room full of marijuana smokers in San Francisco. It’s the closest I’ve ever come to doing drugs.
92. Did volunteer work for Special Olympics and the Democrats. Make your own joke.
93. Locked my keys in the car on the day of my wedding. It was a sign.
94. Understand you’ll pull some “psychoanalysis thing” on this list, but beware: you can’t figure out people in a 100 or a 1000 sentences.
95. Took a guitar class in high school so I wouldn’t have to take a “real” class.
96. Earned a bachelor’s degree in General Studies because I had enough classes. It’s a real degree. Isn’t it?
97. Can’t decide if I’d rather keep my hair or my brain cells, but Nature decided for me (the hair).
98. Am very proud that everyone in my family is a registered voter.
99. Miss my first car, a 1969 Ford Fury with an engine bigger than your couch. It cost $75.
100. Hope to see the Cubs win the World Series before I die…but it’s not likely to happen.
and a bonus:
101. I will obsess over this list for hours. :-)